Natan here again. The other panel at Advertising Week today that is worth noting and sharing with everyone was Google’s “Experiments in Digital Creativity”. I could go on forever “geeking out” to the cool things their creative people showed us, but instead I would like to just share with you the presentation itself which can be found at http://bit.ly/87coolthings.
Here were some of my favorite Google inventions from the presentation:
1. Example of clickable videos - booneoakley – BooneOakley.com redirects you to their YouTube page, which is a clickable video. My words wouldn't give it justice, so I recommend you just check it out and see the possibilities of centralizing a brand or a company through YouTube. The possibilities are limitless. A university could present the brands of their school in a whole new light through a medium that our demographic loves going to.
2. Zappos - what shoes are being bought everywhere - http://www.zappos.com/map/
3. Monopoly, Google Maps style - http://www.monopolycitystreets.com/
4. Make history - 9/11 memorial, sponsored by Google - http://makehistory.national911memorial.org/
5. Stweet – Tweet with a picture of exactly where you are standing based on Google’s coordinates - http://www.we-love-the.net/Stweet/
6. Wordle.net – Create beautiful word clouds. - http://www.wordle.net/
7. Augmented Reality - Postal Service’s feature that lets you see how big a box will be for your package - https://www.prioritymail.com/
8. Google Wave – Google’s whole new approach to thinking about different Google Apps - http://wave.google.com/
9. Google Trends – “In aggregate, what people are thinking about and why” - http://www.google.com/trends
We would love to hear your thoughts on the presentation, especially ways that NYU could benefit/use some of Google’s Apps or APIs.
-Natan Edelsburg, Vice President